& RETURN TO PLAY UPDATES
For Parents and Players
We are pleased to announce the adoption of U.S. Soccer’s “Play On” a return to play protocol which will guide the phased re-entry of activities. Effective June 1, MAYSA and it’s member clubs may enter Phase I of the Play On protocol, provided that any local (county or municipal) order does not otherwise restrict your return to play. The Phase I Grassroots Soccer Recommendation guide is a comprehensive model to allow soccer to operate under key safety plans and considerations. This guide includes a detailed approach to social distancing, screening, training, and interactions to ensure consistent best practices are followed to promote the health and safety of all participants and fans.
1. It is each individual member’s discretion if or not they return at this time.
2. The Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (WYSA), MAYSA’s parent organization, will determine which phase the state is in and indicate when we advance phases. Play On generally lists a minimum amount of time to remain within each phase. Any local (county or municipal) order supersedes the guidance of WYSA and must be adhered to by PYSA.
3. Sanctioned activities are limited to those that fall under the guidelines of the present phase.
4. Only outdoor activities are permitted in Phase I.
5. Phase I emphasizes socially distanced training limited to small groups of 10 people (9 players and 1 coach). Training groups should remain the same throughout Phase I.
6. We will communicate health and safety guidelines to all participants.
7. We will implement attendance tracking for every training session.
8. Ensure all staff and activities are compliant with the WYSA Athlete and Participant SafetyProgram.